As most of India is suffering under the 2nd wave of COVID pandemic, there is an additional humanitarian tragedy unfolding in the state of West Bengal. Following the recently concluded assembly elections in the state, supporters and active workers of the losing political parties, especially the BJP, are being persecuted and hunted down by the goon squads of the Trinamool Congress Party of Mamata Banerjee that won the elections. Tens of thousands, primarily Hindus of the state, have been displaced from their homes and have taken refuge in camps in neighboring states.
As this perversion of democracy is still unfolding, the Indian state and those responsible for upholding the constitution have turned a blind eye. In this vlog, I examine the cast of characters in this tragedy and identify those who are persecuting Hindus of Bengal and those who have abandoned them after promising justice.
If you would rather listen to this byte from the basement, a link to the podcast version is available on Anchor.
Letter 12: Partition horrors remembrance day, Periyarist government's assault on temples in Tamil Nadu, a deep-dive into Malabar Hindu Genocide – Letters from the basement
- Letter 12: Partition horrors remembrance day, Periyarist government's assault on temples in Tamil Nadu, a deep-dive into Malabar Hindu Genocide
- Letter 11: August 15, is it really Independence Day for Hindus in India?
- Letter 10: Right-wing, left-wing and Hindus in India
- Letter 9: The Hindu rate of growth
- Letter 8: Dear Hindus……………..a letter from Palghar