In this vlog, I tell you about a very specific victim of the latest escalation of tensions between Israel and Palestine and what her story tells us about Kerala. This victim I want to talk about is a young woman named Soumya Santosh. She was working as a nurse in Ashkelon city in Israel and was originally a resident of Idukki district in Kerala. She left behind a 9 year old son. There are two aspects that I will discuss today regarding Soumya’s martyrdom. First is how the society in Kerala reacted to the news of Soumya’s death and second is why I consider her a martyr.
If you would rather listen to this as a podcast, you can catch the audio on Anchor.
Letter 12: Partition horrors remembrance day, Periyarist government's assault on temples in Tamil Nadu, a deep-dive into Malabar Hindu Genocide – Letters from the basement
- Letter 12: Partition horrors remembrance day, Periyarist government's assault on temples in Tamil Nadu, a deep-dive into Malabar Hindu Genocide
- Letter 11: August 15, is it really Independence Day for Hindus in India?
- Letter 10: Right-wing, left-wing and Hindus in India
- Letter 9: The Hindu rate of growth
- Letter 8: Dear Hindus……………..a letter from Palghar